It has been a year since last RSAC when I became head of the Cisco Security Business Group. During this time, we have greatly expanded the number of customers we both serve and protect while continuing to deliver market-leading innovation keeping ahead of today’s threats. Cisco continues to offer the most comprehensive security platform in the market as demonstrated by our latest release of Cisco Threat Response and increased investment in new security technologies such as our acquisition of Duo Security, the market leader of cloud-based identity solutions for unified access security and multi-factor authentication.
Today, 250,000 organizations globally are placing their trust in Cisco Security. With our world-leading threat intelligence by Cisco Talos, we block billions of threats every day. It is our goal to keep our customers safe, enable them to respond faster to attacks, and take the manual burden off their teams so they can be less overwhelmed and more empowered. Only Cisco can securely connect any user, on any device, on any network to any application.
The Power of Cisco’s Security Integration
Integration is an essential element to our platform strategy delivering real automaton and visibility across all major threat vectors and improving efficacy while reducing the response time to security events. To that end, last year we introduced Cisco Threat Response, which integrates the entire platform into one console for simple, visual threat investigation. With this product, customers can significantly reduce the time and effort needed to remediate threats. Since we released the Cisco Threat Response, it has been used in more than 3,600 security operation centers (SOCs).
At the same time, we are natively building-in security into every networking domain, reducing the complexity of our customers’ overall solution. As a leader in network security and SD-WAN, Cisco is in a unique position to offer a secure SD-WAN, wireless access, data center and cloud platforms. Our recent offers include Cisco Viptela SD-WAN routers as well as Meraki security appliances.
Cisco Security Leadership by The Numbers
More and more customers and partners are choosing Cisco Security. Our products are deployed globally with greater traction and market share than any other standalone company in key market categories. Here are a few highlights of the growth and leadership we have experienced this past year:
- Security continues to be a growth engine for the company, and we have had $2.5 billion in product revenues across the industry’s broadest and most effective portfolio in the last four quarters. In our most recent quarterly earnings, we grew product revenue by 18 percent year-over-year to $658 million. This was our fourth consecutive quarter of double-digit growth.
- Cisco AMP is one of the most deployed next-generation endpoint security solutions in the enterprise market. AMP’s retrospective, see-it-once-block-it-everywhere visibility, and control capabilities are benefiting customers like Turkish Airlines, one of the largest carriers in the world serving 300+ destinations.
- Cisco Firepower Next-Generation Firewall was recognized as a Leader in the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant (MQ).
- The Cisco Cloud Security portfolio enjoyed strong double-digit growth in 2QFY19, as we support our customers on their multi-cloud journey. Cisco Umbrella, a cloud-delivered secure internet gateway, resolves and routes over 175 billion Internet requests daily from 90 million active consumer and enterprise users across 160+ countries.
- Cisco Stealthwatch also had strong double-digit growth in 2QFY19. And, today we announced our latest release of Stealthwatch, which is the only security analytics product that detects threats across private networks and public clouds without agents, even in encrypted traffic.
- Cisco Email Security was rated as the top vendor in Radicati’s Email Security report for the third year in a row. According to Cisco’s recent CISO Benchmark Study, email security remains the #1 threat vector, and we have the best solution to protect our customers.
- Cisco Security is an open platform and integrates with an ecosystem of more than 160 security partners to simplify our customer’s operations and improve their security posture. Recently, the Cisco Security Technology Alliance (CSTA) announced 57 new technology integrations and 23 new third-party partners.
Cisco is committed to security—what’s next in 2019?
The threat landscape continues to evolve as enterprises expand into the cloud and become much more dynamic. At the same time, the work environment of today is more complex with employees working on and off the network, which can create gaps in a security posture. To provide customers with complete protection, Cisco has built a platform that continuously detects threats and verifies trust.
Our market-leading portfolio has long focused on threat detection and enforcement, and our recent acquisition of Duo allows us to expand our architecture to include trust verification. With its technology, customers can set and enforce trusted access and get enhanced visibility into users’ device posture and vulnerabilities.
It is still early days with Duo as part of Cisco and there are a number of opportunities as we look at deeper integrations within our portfolio to drive an even greater security posture. In combination with products like Umbrella, Stealthwatch, ISE, and Tetration, Cisco is providing an end-to-end Zero Trust Architecture that is resonating with customers as they expand into the cloud. We are incredibly excited about what this addition will bring customers.
If you’re attending RSA this week, be sure to stop by our booth and hear from Cisco experts on our technology innovations. See you there!
Source: blogs.cisco.com Credit@ Dr. Gee Rittenhouse